Saturday, March 17, 2012

Does this bother you like it bothers me??

I have had nothing against what our soldiers are doing across the pond, other that I believe that they should not be there in the first place.

However I came across something this morning that has bothered me all day, and I just couldn't wait until I was home so I could blog about it.

Now, I'm going to say a little disclaimer here: I 100% support our troops. I also 100% support animal shelters and the work they do to try and save animals from unnecessary euthanasia.

SO here what has been bothering me all day about those two items: www.thepuppyrescuemission.org

Why is this necessary, when here in the US we have so many homeless animals that are looking to be adopted or be euthanized?

And these dogs and cats from the other side of the world carry diseases that our animals may not have been exposed to. I know that they are routinely treated for the usual, but what if the veterinarians miss something? And our troops don't need to worry so much about animals when humans are the ones needing a bigger rescue.

Don't get me wrong, I am an animal lover myself. If I could I would rescue all of them as well. But are we, as Americans, paying taxes for the troops to go and fight a supposed war and be humanitarian ambassadors, or are we paying the taxes so they can goof off and then bring home stray dogs and cats when we have so many shelters overflowing here?

I'm sorry. Like I said, I 100% support our troops, and 100% support animal shelters.  Just putting the two together just seems wrong to me.

I had to get that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment