Thursday, March 29, 2012

American Idol 3/28/12


Were you as blown away by the performances by the top 9 as I was??? I mean HELLO?? BEST SEASON EVER!!!!

I am sooooo falling in love with Colton Dixon. Wow. He is totally my dream man- he can sing, he can play piano, he is Christian, and he is georgeous!!! LOL! Yup, I am totally crushing on him right now! ;o) His performance of "Everything" by Lifehouse made me cry. I ♥ that song, and he just... um, yeah. Made me cry, honest to goodness.

My second favorite performance of the night was Jessica Sanchez's rendition of "Sweet Dreams" by Beyonce. Wow, that girl has an amazing voice and control for her age!! She has shown consistency since her audition, and I have a feeling she will be in the top 3 at the very least!

Then I loved Joshua Ledet's performance of "Without you" by Mariah Carey. That performance also made me cry, and no, it was not because he started to break down. That song just hit a sensitive heart string with me, considering where my life is right now and how I am missing my husband right now. Yesterday was our 15 year wedding anniversary. 

Anyway, my last favorite performance was Elise Testone's version of "Whole Lotta Love" by none other than Led Zepplin. What can I say? That girl knows how to ROCK!!! Amazing! ;o) She can sing just about anything and make it sound good.

But, Holy toledo, they ALL performed amazingly. I was SOOOO loving Heejun Han's performance of a song I have not heard before "A Song For You" by Donny Hathaway, but it was so appropriate for his current situation, and he finally came out of his shell! Hollie Cavanagh sung that Carrie Underwood song "Jesus Take the Wheel" beautifully as well. Phillip Phillips did an amazing job with "Still Rainin" by Johnny Lang. Skylar Laine did amazing with that Miranda Lambert song "Gunpowder and Lead" which was another song I had not heard before (I'm not much of a country fan). And last but not least DeAndre Brakensick did very well with Eric Benet's "Sometimes I Cry." 

Oh and the trios... they do just as well singing together as they do solo. I just absolutely loved the trio of Colton, Phillip, and Elise singing Fleetwood's "Landslide," "Don't Stop," and Stevie Nicks "Edge of Seventeen." Heejun, Joshua, and DeAndre singing the Michael Jackson songs "Pretty Young Thing," "Lady in My Life," and "Rock with You" was interesting. And the all girl trio of Hollie, Jessica, and Skylar of Madonna's "Like a Prayer," "Borderline," and "Express Yourself" was just amazing!!!

But in the end, I had to narrow it down to my personal favorites since the beginning. I voted for Elise, Jessica, and of course Colton! ;o) Those the three I want to see in the top 3. Those are the three that I see going all the way. I could say more, but I think I'll leave it at that! :o) If, sadly, you missed it, you should check out the performances at http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_11/performances/. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment