Monday, January 2, 2012

Daily Ramblings #3

So, today I talked on the phone with someone who I had met only a month before on Facebook. She and I connected from one of the gifting clubs I joined.

As our conversation ensued, I made a comment that my goal is to help other people, and do that without expecting anything in return, but if I did receive something I consider it a bonus.

Later on, long after our conversation had finished, the realization hit me that wanting to help others is a tall order. If you honestly sit and think about that, there is only so much one can do to help people. I'm talking about in all aspects of life, personal and financial being where the majority of people need the most help in.

I truly want to do a lot without expecting anything back. That realization is going to greatly impact what I do. I want to be a good friend and be there in spirit when needed, be there to listen, lend a hand, etc. I want to reach out to people I hardly know and become one of those friends for them. I realized that I will be emotionally drained if I do that for everyone. I hate to see people posting on Facebook how lonely they feel, how depressed they feel, how much they need a shoulder to lean on, and not be able to do something for them.

To be honest, even though I have a great business from home that truly helps other people, I promote the company because I truly believe that it will help other people; I don't expect to be financially rewarded when I promote the company. Great example: I have a good friend who was involved with another business, but was really struggling. I talked with her about mine, tried to convince her that it was way better than the other, but she just didn't want to hear it. I even tried to explain to her about how the products were helping me. LOL, she just was being a stubborn person. A year later, she quit that business and joined my company... but she didn't join in my team! Later she said that I had made an impression on her with how much I talked about the company and the products, but since I never pursued trying to get her to join my team she joined under the first person who "bugged" her about it. But she felt bad for not going back to me and asking for more information. So in a way, I helped her!

In all, I just want to help make other people's live better, anyway possible. But I can't possibly help everyone the way I want to.

And that makes me sad.  :o(

But I will trudge on. 2012 will be a great year, and I will help as many people as I possibly can!! I still will feel sad every once in a while when I come across someone that I can't help the way I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment