Monday, February 20, 2012

Daily Rambling #8-Bad case of Writer's Block

Have you ever been stuck for words? Writer's block? Tongue tied? Mental block?

That's me right now.

I have a tough message to write and I just cannot get the words to come out right. I've been trying to form a message to send to a possible family member.

Yes, possible family member. I was adopted as a baby. I've known some information about my birth family since 2008, but nothing more that a name of my birth mother (aka bmom) and partial family particulars.

Back in November, I decided to go ahead and start a search for my bmom. I signed up at a couple adoption websites, filled out the information that I had and then submitted it, thinking that it would take months at the very least before I would find anything.  Less than 24 hours later I receive a bunch of emails with detailed information about family members that would be my aunts and uncles and grandparents. Looking carefully at everything, I discovered that as long as my information was correct, then I was given contact information for one aunt and one uncle, the older brother and one older sister of my bmom.

In doing a search on Facebook, I found someone who just may be my uncle, although since the profile is set to private, I can't be sure without sending a message, and that's where I'm stuck. How can I write a impartial message to someone who I don't know, but could be a blood relative?? Ugh. I really want to find out my family history, etc, and I want it badly... so badly I'm afraid of screwing up. :o(

I've had many suggestions on how to word my message. This is not something that there is an impartial form letter to submit, or a template I can choose from and just insert a few things to. This may be the hardest thing I have ever done.

I am just stuck for words...

No comments:

Post a Comment